Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Night's Alright for Writin'

Well, it's been a busy and exhausting but fulfilling weekend. I really enjoyed Yom Kippur services this year, not to mention our family's now-traditional Italian feast before the fast began with Kol Nidre Friday night. And sometime before the headache kicked in, I did notice (with surprise that shouldn't be surprising, because it's what I always seem to feel), that I really did feel spiritually cleansed and refreshed on the Day of Atonement.

So that means today is the first day of working really hard not to make the same mistakes over again. Guess it's time for new mistakes!

We had a busy day today and spent some quality time this evening with my Dad - celebrating his birthday (he's 62 today if anyone who knows him wants to wish him a happy happy). It's so fun to watch My Little Man interact with his grandfather... I get to see a different side of both of them.

When the cake was eaten and Dad went on his way, we spent a couple of hours packing boxes. T-minus 10 days until we move, and I find myself in total disbelief about how much stuff we have accumulated here in five years. My spirit may be cleansed, but my house has a long way to go!

But for now, I am escaping the dust and winding down, with a cat happily curled up next to me. She'd be hurt if she knew this, but after weeks of planning this move, it only just occurred to me today that we also have to coordinate moving her, too. I had pictured her enjoying the new house, rolling around on the back patio, and I'd given some thought to the location of the litterbox, but.... I hadn't thought about the actual move. We don't even have a cat carrier (I threw her old one out shortly after we moved here).

Ah, well, one more thing for the list; and I know it will all fall into place, cat and all. And let's just keep the fact that she temporarily slipped my mind between us, shall we?

No comments: